Looking for something new and exciting to liven up the party? The Watermelon Keg is the solution. Fill with liquor of choice for a new twist on experimentation!
Creating your very own Watermelon Keg is simple. Here’s all you need:
- 1 Watermelon
- paring knife
- cutting board
- large spoon
Here’s how to do it:
- Wash the outside of Watermelon.
- Place the Watermelon on the cutting board and decide which end should be its base. Cut off 1 inch from the top and 1/4 inch from the base. Be careful not to cut too much off the bottom or the alcohol will drain out. Cut off just enough to create a flat surface so your Keg can stand alone.
- Using a large spoon, hollow out the Watermelon but leave about 4 inches of flesh towards the bottom. This is where the tap/spigot will be inserted.
- Cut a circle for your tap/spigot about 2 or 3 inches from the base into the flesh of the Watermelon. Start with a smaller circle, you can always make it bigger (but you can’t make it smaller). Screw the tap/spigot into place.
- Place your Keg on a platter or large plate and fill with your favorite liquor. Enjoy!
Amazon offers a selection of taps/spigots for the Watermelon Keg.