The most basic (and most effective) of drinking games, Flip Cup is the game to get the party started. Here’s how to play:
- You want to grab a lot of people, maybe like 12 – of course, the more the merrier.
- Next, you want to make teams. Two teams of 6 or even three teams of 4. Four teams of 3 might even work, but you will see in a moment why you want to play with a lot of people.
- Grab your bottles or cans of beer and pass them around. Everyone gets a drink. Now, pick the “first person” of each team (pick that first person however you’d like: flip a coin, age, whatever). On the count of three, the first person of each team will start chugging. When each “first person” finishes their drink, they flip the can or cup upside down and drop it on the table.
- As soon as the first person flips his/her cup and drops it on the table, the next person starts drinking. He does the same thing: chugs, flips his cup – then, the next person starts drinking and so on and so forth. If you are drinking with bottles of beer, the most awesome way to play the game would be as soon as someone finishes their drink, they smash it on the ground, but yea, although it sounds fun, it might be a tad bit extreme (or is it…)
- Everyone keeps drinking until the last person finishes. The first team to finish wins. The winning team now has the ability to tell the losing team what to do: push ups for 30 seconds, sing a song like a barber shop quartet, eat something disgusting Fear Factor style, whatever – get creative. And, there you have it. One of the most simple and amazing of drinking games: Flip Cup.